What is a Credit Card?
A credit card is a transactional card that enables the holder to make purchases of goods and services or withdraw advance cash on credit.
Banks and financial institutions issue it to bring the convenience of payment. Credit cards act as a microloan tool where the individual makes purchases under the condition of paying off the same within a specific time period. There are no interest payouts if the due amount is paid within a specific time (interest-free period). The issuer pre-sets a custom borrowing limit, determining the maximum amount of credit a user can spend from a credit card. Credit cards allow users to save big through discounts and deals, making them popular.
Why is a Credit Card Important?
Credit cards are a convenient tool for managing your short-term financing needs. A credit card lets you borrow certain money and repay it later in instalments.
Interest is charged only if the credit amount is not repaid within the grace period, which ranges between 20 to 60 days. Besides allowing you to borrow funds conveniently, credit cards also offer a host of benefits such as reward points, cashback, frequent flyer miles, credit scores, etc. A credit card is certainly a must-have item in your wallet.
How to Apply for a Credit Card?
Credit cards in India have become a popular payment method. More than half the population owns instant-approval credit cards. To get a credit card, apply online using the following steps:
● Visit Kotak Mahindra Bank’s website
● Check your credit card eligibility
● Fill out the online application form and submit it
● Track your application status online
Why Should you apply for a Kotak Bank Credit Card?
At Kotak Mahindra Bank, it is easy to understand how to apply for a credit card.
We understand that each buyer has different needs, so we offer as many kinds of credit cards in India as you can. We have categorized our credit card rewards to suit your preferences, such as entertainment, shopping, dining, travel and lounge access. Depending on your purchase inclinations, you can choose a credit card that earns you extra points on the things that matter the most. So go ahead, explore and compare our wide assortment of credit cards to find the perfect match. Once you find the right credit card, you can earn as you spend!
Am I eligible for a Credit Card?
Here are the eligibility criteria for a credit card:
● For the Royale Signature Credit card, League Platinum Credit card, Delight Platinum Credit card, Essentia Platinum Credit card, PVR Platinum Credit card, PVR Gold Credit card, and Urbane Gold Credit card primary applicant must be in the age bracket of 21 – 65 years.
● For 811 Dream different Credit card, NRI Royale Signature Credit card, the primary applicant should be in the age bracket of 18 years to 75 years.
● Must be an Indian resident
● Must be a salaried employee or self-employed (With income proof)
● Must meet the income requirement set by the bank
● Must be a resident of the serviceable locations within India